Crossroads in the Window. The 10/40 Window is located from 10 degrees south to 40 degrees north of the equator. There are 69 nations across northern Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia in the 10/40 Window
Praying through the 1040 Window.
- Two-thirds of the world’s population — 4.89 billion people — lives in the 10/40 Window. (8,213 people groups)
- 87% are the poorest of the poor, living on an average of only $250 per family annually live in the 1040 Window.
- 3.10 billion individuals live in approximately 6,196 unreached people groups in the 1040 Window
- 45 of the 50 worst countries in the world for persecution of believers are in the 10/40 Window.
- In many of the 69 nations, witnessing the Gospel is illegal and will result in imprisonment or death.
- 60% of unreached people groups live in countries closed to missionaries from North America.
- A majority of the world’s terrorist organizations are based in the 10/40 Window
- 10/40 Window contains the overwhelming majority of the world’s least evangelized megacities — that is those with a population of more than one million.
- The seat of every major religion – Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Animism, Atheism, and Sikhism – is headquartered in the 10/40 Window.
- 84% of those with lowest quality of life (life expectancy, infant mortality, and literacy) are in the 1040 Window
- Many of the nations in the 1040 Window have multiple languages and dialects. Poverty and illiteracy are ways of life for the majority.
- Child prostitution and child slavery run rampant in many of these nations. Abuse of women and children remains unchecked.
- It is estimated that ±1.6 billion of people in the 1040 Window have never had the chance to hear about Jesus – not even once!
- Only 3.3 % of all missionaries in the world today (400,000) go to the 1040 Window.
- Only 0.4 % of all Funds given to missions annually go to workers in the 1040 Window where the need is greatest.