We are seeking a part-time Ministry Assistant. This position provides high-level administrative support to ministries. The right candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and bias for action, be customer-service oriented, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines. This position requires hospitality and remarkable attention to detail. The successful candidate will have a high level of integrity, be able to handle multiple and confidential diverse tasks, and work independently. This position also requires great interpersonal skills for interaction with our congregation, suppliers, and other staff members.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Crossroads attendance & participation for a minimum of one year (preferred).
- Volunteer church experience for a minimum of two years (5 years preferred).
- Basic accounting experience or general knowledge of accounting practices (preferred).
- Proficiency with computer skills and preferred experience with programs such as: Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel,) Email, Planning Center, Basecamp, Google docs, MailChimp.
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format.
- Superb communications skills are required: you must be confident, able to listen to needs, and suggest ideas and solutions.
- Develop, recruit, train and nurture a dedicated volunteer base.
- Keep inventory and order supplies related to the ministry’s needs.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Task and detail-oriented (high quality, accurate and efficient).
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing, researching and entering data.
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential material.
- Exercise initiative in problem solving and demonstrate ability to maintain composure and work effectively in demanding situations.
- Must have excellent organizational skills; with a focus driven heart.
- Must be able to move at a fast pace with tasks and stay organized.
- Pray for the ministry and God’s work throughout it!
Part-time positions (employees working more than 20 hours per week but less than 30 hours) at Crossroads Community Church are eligible for life insurance, paid time off (PTO) (following 60 days), nine paid holidays per year and immediate participation in the 403b plan, which includes a generous 4% employer match.
FLSA & Employment Status
Hourly, Non-Exempt, Part-time at 20 to 25 hours per week.