Think About It!
When you restore a building, you start with the foundation and then work on the framework of a house, which is where everything really starts to come together, and you can see what the house is going to look like! At Crossroads, we believe God has given us our marching orders, our framework for how he wants us to function as a church…but it’s not just the framework for our church as a whole––it’s the framework for each of our lives!
Talk About It!
1. DRMR is our framework.
- We all live our lives with certain rules in place that help us remember who we are and keep us safe. What rules does your family have to help keep you safe? God gives us all kinds of ways to live in a way that is good for us and keeps us safe from the sin that hurts us. He does this in his Word, but he also does this through our parents and teachers who love him!
- Did you know that churches have those rules too? Can you think of rules that would help keep a church safe? Every church that follows Jesus is listening to what he says in the Bible and through his Holy Spirit. It’s important to keep ourselves and each other safe from the sin that hurts us.
2. We are devotional.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- How do you spend time with Jesus? Studying God’s Word should make us want to worship him even more. Although we never want to read the Bible just because we have to, we do need to spend time in God’s Word every day!
- What are some ways that you could spend even more time with him this year? When we know the Scriptures, everything else in life becomes a lot simpler to sort through: like our friendships and decisions––all of this comes under the authority of Jesus in our lives and the discernment he provides through his Word.
3. We are relational.
- Who are some good people in your life, the people who help you the most? All of us are hard-wired for friendship, and we need a variety of different kinds of friendships to truly fulfill the way God created us to live. We need people who are going to help us be the person that God made us to be!
- Are there any people in your life that God is asking you to help? All of us have people who look up to us. Maybe it’s people in your class, or your little brothers or sisters! But we need to remember that they are in our lives, and help them just like the people who help us.
4. We are missional.
- Is God “sending” you anywhere to do something that will make him smile? Once God asked who he could send to talk about him to the people. A man named Isaiah told the Lord, “Send me!” That should always be our answer! Whether he’s sending us to our own homes, our schools, or to the other side of the world.
- How could you make God smile right where you are? Living for Jesus doesn’t necessarily mean we have to move to the other side of the world. Maybe it means that we show kindness to our families, do our chores without being asked, or tell someone about Jesus in our neighborhood!
Optional Follow-up Questions:
- What makes you say that?
- What makes you say that?
- How does that make you feel?
- How would you explain this to someone who doesn’t know Jesus?
- Why do you think God did it that way?
- Why should we do the things that God tells us?