1. Joy is given in exchange for something
- Scripture Reference: Luke 2: 8-10, Isaiah 61:1-3
- Leader Notes
- God is asking us to EMBRACE our behold moments. The moments where He cuts through the heavens & touches our hearts and our circumstances. He is asking us to heighten our faith and expectation in Him that He is going to touch our ordinary on earth and be aware that it may come outside of the boxes we put Him in.
- Jesus wants us to partake of the great exchange He has fulfilled for us. As we choose to submit our pain to the Lord & leave it in His very capable hands, we will see that through our healing journey, only He can take what looks like ashes and make something beautiful out of it.
- Questions for Reflection:
What “behold moment” is God asking you to embrace?
What “behold moment” are you waiting on God for?
2. Joy comes in the least expected packaging
- Scripture Reference: Luke 2: 11-14, Phillippians 4: 11-13 (NLT)
- Leader Notes
- The fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to us, however, it is up to us to be intentional to cultivate and produce them.
- Philippians 4:11-13 shows us that Joy can be maintained, regardless of the season that we are in and Jesus is asking us to model this truth in the culture around us.
- Questions for Reflection: Are there any areas in your life where you sought fulfillment outside of Jesus? When people see you, what spiritual fruit do they see? Do they see the joy of the Lord?
3. Joy is in what you behold
- Scripture Reference: Hebrews 12:1-2
- Leader Notes.
- The word JOY in Hebrews 12:1-2 means the awareness of God’s grace, favor & goodness. As we remind ourselves of God’s word over our lives, & remind ourselves of His promises for us, it gives us the strength to continue forward.
- Some of us are so busy looking around at other peoples lives that we are missing out on the joy set before us. Jesus wants us to find JOY in what God is doing in our life, our calling, at our job, in our heart, in our family.
- Questions for reflection: What in life has your gaze? Have you allowed comparison to kill your joy?