WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 24 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Helpful.”
- Pray for Pastor Daniel and his family. Pray that the fruit of the Holy Spirit would continue to mature in their lives and that they would continue to be led, directed, comforted, affirmed by, and in sync with God’s plans for their lives and for our church family.
- Pray for our executive leadership team, our board of directors, and their families.
- Continue to pray for our Midweek gatherings. Pray that the Holy Spirit would enlighten the understanding of our hearts and grow us in knowing Him more and in deepening fellowship with one another.
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray for our civil leaders. Pray that they will continue to have thick skin and a soft heart with all that they come across in the day-to-day.
- Pray for the nation of Israel and that God’s blessing would continue to be upon it.
- Pray for America and that God’s blessing would continue to be on our nation.
- Continue to pray for the upcoming election and that the Church would remain united no matter what the future holds.
- Pray that the Lord would raise up God-fearing men and women to lead our nation.
- Pray that our leaders would lead with humility, integrity, love, and in the fear of the Lord.
- Pray that the current administration will govern with wisdom and discretion.
- Pray that God will help the government to establish and strengthen systems that will tackle corruption in Nigeria.
- Despite the challenges, the believers continue to grow in Nigeria. Pray for wisdom, courage, and true servanthood for pastors as they seek to serve these believers who often face challenges.
- Pray for Fulani militants, the members of Boko Haram, and other extremist groups. Pray that God will touch their hearts with His love and truth.
- Pray for strength, protection, and godly wisdom for workers as they interact with the broken-hearted. Pray their compassionate care will assure our brothers and sisters they are loved and never alone.
- Pray for lifesaving assistance and newfound hope for Syrian refugees. Syrian families have been uprooted from their homes by the fighting, displaced in their own country, or have fled to neighboring countries for safety.
- A United Nations report explains that there are 65.6 million forcibly displaced people worldwide, 22.5 million refugees, and 10 million stateless people. Pray for those making perilous journeys, fleeing from conflict and persecution. Pray particularly for children traveling in extremely dangerous conditions.
- Pray for wisdom for all those in authority who make decisions impacting refugees. Pray for leaders to tackle the root causes of the refugee crisis.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. – 1 John 5:14
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. – Philippians 2:3-4