WEEK OF FEBRUARY 25 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray for the Discipleship Ministries of our church.
- Pray for our pastors, board members, ministry leaders, and volunteers.
- Ask that the Holy Spirit would enlighten the understanding in their hearts and that He would continue to use them to disciple our people in the Word of God.
- Begin praying for our Groups Ministry and strategic ways that God would want to use small groups to mature people in His ways.
- Continue to pray that the love of Jesus would be displayed in our nation this month.
- Pray that His love would draw many to repentance and to accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- Pray for churches in our nation, that their leaders would be strengthened, encouraged, and equipped for all that will come their way this week.
- Ask the Lord to provide for His churches and show them how they can continue to be a light in the darkness and a city on a hill.
- Pray for a great harvest resulting from faithful believers sharing bold accounts of their faith.
- Pray that we would see the people of Iran as those God loves, replacing any prejudices with Jesus’ love and compassion.
- Pray for peace across the nation of Iran and in her relationships with other nations.
- Pray that every Iranian follower of Jesus will discover a house church where he or she can build relationships, study God’s Word, and grow in their faith.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. ~ Proverbs 1:7