WEEK OF AUGUST 27 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what, is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Helpful.”
- Pray that in our “Year of Becoming” that the people of Crossroads would become even more Humble, more like Family, more Helpful, and more Generous.
- Take this week to specifically pray that we would continue to “become a house of prayer” and that we would deepen in discipleship. Pray that the Lord would give continued vision and instruction for group mentorship and for the leaders of our Emerging Generation ministries.
- Pray for all of the people whose names were submitted to Each One, Reach One, that the Lord would soften their hearts to encounter Him.
- Pray that we would have the boldness to invite the people whose names we wrote down on the Each One, Reach One cards.
- Continue to pray for Free in 23 and that this goal will be met by the end of the year.
- Pray for the discipleship ministries of our church, that the Lord would deepen His church to know Him as they continue to become rooted and established in their faith.
- Pray for LoveNOW and all of our local mission opportunities.
- Pray for our corporate church fast – that the Lord would have His way as we set two weeks aside to press into more of Him.
- Pray for our nation as the election cycle begins and we prepare to embark on a year of primaries, campaigns, and all that is entailed in this upcoming season.
- Pray that the church would be united and not grow more divided because of the 2024 elections.
- Pray for LoveNOW and all of our global missionaries.
- Pray for our global mission opportunities, that the Lord would bring the right connections and would stir up a desire in our church to be sent to, learn from, and love on those overseas.
- It is estimated that there are more than 20 million prostitutes in India. Each day, 40 girls under the age of 15 are kidnapped or sold into prostitution. Pray that those caught up in prostitution will be rescued from that life into the hope and love of Jesus.
- India is a country rich in heritage and tradition. With 1.2 billion people, it is the second most populous country in the world. The economy is split largely between an elite upper class and an oppressed lower class.
- Pray that the people of India will see how precious and valuable each person is to Christ.
- Pray that God will mightily use the hundreds of Indian mission groups to sow and water the seed so the Lord will reap a bountiful harvest in every part of India’s complex society.
- Pray for a just settlement of the land issue and the future of both Jewish settlements in the Palestinian areas and Palestinians in Israel itself.
- Pray that the influence of both active and “sleeping” ISIS cells will continue to diminish over time.
- Pray for the Prince of Peace to bring about meaningful reconciliation between Jewish and Arab leaders.
- Pray for demonstrations of love and concern for Palestinian exiles.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God – Ephesians 2:8
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” – Acts 20:35 (NIV)
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia