WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 3 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what, is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Helpful.”
- Continue to pray for the church fast. Pray that God would encounter and speak in a mighty way to those who are participating.
- Pray that in our year of “Becoming” that the people of Crossroads would become even more Humble, more like Family, more Helpful, and more Generous.
- Take this week to specifically pray that we would continue to become servants, a House of Ministry, and that the Holy Spirit would begin to stir our hearts for local and global missions.
- Pray that our church body would be intentional to be a House of Blessing, that we would be led by the Holy Spirit as to how to intentionally steward all that God has given us, including our time with God and others, our talents, and our treasures.
- Pray that as we fast, our church community receives answers, vision, provision, restoration, and guidance from the Lord as we take these two weeks to press into His Presence.
- Pray that the people of Crossroads continue to grow to be people of prayer. That we would not only pray passionately in our personal time, but that it would be the same when we come together for our corporate gatherings.
- Pray for an increased desire within our people to reach out and be the hands and feet of Jesus to a world that desperately needs Him.
- Pray for those starting something new this school year.
- Ask the Lord to direct the paths of the students, staff, and leaders in every school and university campus.
- Pray that the Lord would be their guiding voice and that His hand of protection would be over every school campus.
- Pray for salvation of the lost and unsaved loved ones. That the Lord would continue to draw them with His lovingkindness.
- Pray for wisdom in handling extreme issues of poverty that hinder growth and development.
- Pray for children whose education is suffering because they must flee their homes.
- Pray with believers who have been displaced from their homes and churches by militants in northern Mali.
- Pray for greater prosperity – that families will find enough food to survive. Pray for the prevention of malnourishment in children.
- It is estimated that there are more than 20 million prostitutes in India. Each day, 40 girls under the age of 15 are kidnapped or sold into prostitution. Pray that those caught up in prostitution will be rescued from that life into the hope and love of Jesus.
- India is a country rich with heritage and tradition. With 1.2 billion people, it is the second most populous country in the world. The economy is split largely between an elite upper class and an oppressed lower class. Pray that the people of India will see how precious and valuable each person is to Christ.
- Pray that God will mightily use the hundreds of Indian mission groups to sow and water the seed so the Lord will reap a bountiful harvest in every part of India’s complex society.
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. – Ephesians 4:29
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.
– Ephesians 2:8-9
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia