WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 10 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Helpful.”
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray for our church family as we go through the Joy / FULL series and launch into the book of Philippians.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would continue to speak to our hearts and mature us into the likeness of Christ.
- Pray that the people of Crossroads would continue to be generous with their time, talents, and treasures as they are led by the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for local church communities and leadership. Pray that they won’t grow weary in their well-doing as they serve others.
- Pray for mentorship and a rise of community groups in our nation.
- Pray for an outpouring of discipleship to take place and that older men and women would be passionate about pouring into younger men and women.
- Pray for college students who are feeling lonely as they are away from family on a college campus.
- Pray that students would be founded on Christ and surrounded by God-fearing men and women who will continue to point them to Jesus.
- Pray for our president, national leaders, and international leaders, that they would lead with the wisdom of God.
- Pray for the political leaders: King Salman Al Saud and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, that God would guide them in ruling Saudi Arabia wisely. Pray that they would use their power to bring about peace and justice.
- Pray for Saudis who feel hopeless and angry. Pray they won’t be lured into terrorism groups but will be drawn to Jesus who is the only source of hope.
- Pray for the local believers who feel alone and/or are persecuted. Pray that they will stand firm in their faith and that others around them will follow Jesus as well, resulting in fellowship and glory to God’s name.
- Pray for believers to boldly demonstrate and proclaim the grace and love of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that the government would take substantial steps toward promoting tolerance and religious freedom across the country.
- Pray for the country, which has been hit with many kinds of disasters one after another. Many people are traumatized, in fear, and spiritually anxious. There is a great need for spiritual assurance as well as material relief.
- Pray that the Indonesian church may grow in seeing this as a God-given time to comfort, encourage, and bring hope.
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. – Galatians 6:9
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia