WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 17 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Helpful.”
- Pray for all of our Midweek gatherings as we launched last week.
- Pray for all of our pastors and small group leaders as they partner with the Lord in learning and discipling those within our church.
- Pray for local non-profit organizations, that they would receive the funding, support, and connections they need.
- Pray for the families of Crossroads. Pray that they would continue to be protected and that they would be united in the love of Christ.
- Pray for world peace.
- Pray that the Lord would provide unique ways to support those who are in abject poverty and are battling food insecurity.
- Pray for our economy, that our national and world leaders would use wisdom with every decision they make.
- There is no church in Maldives. Pray for miraculous opportunities for Maldivians to hear the Gospel.
- Pray that God will make it possible for His Word to be available for the Maldivian believers.
- Pray for them to continue in their faith and trust in Jesus Christ, in spite of severe restrictions and oppression.
- Pray that Jesus will reveal Himself in the Maldives through dreams, visions, radio broadcasts, web evangelism, and sharing.
- Pray for the completion of the long-awaited Bible translation in Dhivehi.
- Pray for ministry to young people. Nearly 30% of the population is younger than 15 and holds the key to Mexico’s future.
- Pray for the love and forgiveness of Jesus to overpower the strongholds of crime, violence, and corruption.
- Pray for God’s blessing and provision on our sister churches, Familia Amistad Sur and Templo Calvario, as they share the love of Jesus in their communities.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. –Romans 1:16a
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. – John 15:12-13
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia