WEEK OF OCTOBER 1 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Generous.”
- Pray for the worship and tech teams in our church, that they would continue to be guided and used by the Lord as they minister to our church body and our community.
- Pray that the leaders of those ministries continue to be strengthened and encouraged, and would receive vision from the Lord for each ministry.
- Pray that they would continue to write music and lyrics that connect our hearts to the Lord in worship, adoration, supplication, thanksgiving, and praise.
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray that the Lord would send people who are willing to go to unreached places of the world and declare His mighty acts.
- Pray that God would give wisdom and direction as to how the Gospel of Christ can continue to be translated into tribal languages for unreached people groups.
- Pray for a rise in evangelism in our nation, that the Lord would use creative strategies and ways to reach those who don’t know Him.
United Arab Emirates
- For ongoing and increased openness towards the Christian faith, and for Christians to be wise but bold in their outreach.
- Pray for the key leaders of the seven emirates, that these men will rule wisely and bring peace and justice to their respective emirates.
- Pray for the very few Emirati believers, that they would grow in their faith.
- Pray that each believer will find several family members who will engage with Jesus and that they will be able to quietly meet together.
- Pray for whole families to come to faith!
Lebanon Field Workers
- Pray for our missionaries in Lebanon as they continue to work in a country experiencing an extreme economic crisis with political and social implications.
- Pray specifically for God to provide for those in need of daily provisions of food, shelter, and electrical power.
- Pray for our missionaries, who were married at the end of 2021, as they continue establishing their family and hope to see it grow.
- Pray for wisdom and provision as they serve by supporting teachers in non-formal elementary schools in the refugee tent communities.
By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches and honor and life. – Proverbs 22:4
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:7
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia