WEEK OF OCTOBER 15 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Generous.”
- Pray for the upcoming Harvest Jam event.
- Pray that the Lord would use this event to show His love in our community.
- Pray for the leaders and volunteers who are sacrificing their talents, time, energy, and giftings to serve at this event.
- Pray for protection over the event and for peace in the lead-up to the event.
- Pray that the peace of God would reign that night.
- Continue to pray for the discipleship ministries of our church, that the Lord would deepen His church to know Him, as its members continue to become rooted and established in their faith.
- Pray for world peace.
- Pray for a wave of salvations to take place in our nation–that every eye would see and every ear would hear that Jesus is Savior and Lord.
- Pray Psalms 122: 6-9.
- Pray for the families split apart as loved ones are being separated to fight.
- Pray for hostages to be released to their families.
- Pray for the comfort of those who are hurting and taking refuge in bomb shelters.
- Pray for God’s protection over all cities and homes under attack.
- Pray for divine intervention and for the Lord to move in miraculous ways to provide help.
- Pray for safety, growth, and spiritual maturity for those in underground house churches.
- Please pray that God would be at work in the hearts of Uzbekistan’s leaders, motivating them to address religious persecution, human trafficking, and other social issues.
- Pray for strength and courage for believers who are faithfully sharing the hope and peace of the Gospel with their neighbors, despite severe persecution.
- Pray with pastors whose churches have been closed, that they would continue to follow the calling God has given them.
- Pray that new believers will stand strong, continuing to be bold, yet discerning, in their witness.
- For the government of Algeria to rule justly and to promote human rights, especially for the poor and the most vulnerable.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, Prosperity within your palaces.” For the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, “Peace be within you.” Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek your good. – Psalms 122:6-9
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. – Psalms 34:4
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia