WEEK OF OCTOBER 22 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Generous.”
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray for local business leaders and owners.
- Pray for strategy, creativity, favor, and wisdom to come to the local business leaders.
- Pray that the Lord would open doors of connection and provision to local businesses in our community.
- Pray that the Lord would show our local church communities how we can continue to partner with local businesses to extend the name of Jesus.
- Pray that our national, state, and local leaders lead with integrity.
- Begin to pray for the presidential election that will take place next year, that the Lord would go before His people and that the church would stay united.
- Pray that the will of God would be done with the upcoming primaries and presidential election.
- Pray that the church would continue to be salt and light in our nation.
- Pray for the leaders in both Israel and Gaza, that they would encounter Jesus and find a way to meet on common ground.
- Pray for the families and innocent people who have been affected by this war in Israel and Gaza. Ask the Lord to encounter them and meet them in ways that protect, heal, and comfort them.
- Pray for Chinese Christians to stand strong amidst tightening religious restrictions and to engage in cross-cultural missions effectively.
- Pray that the Chinese government would proactively enter into constructive dialogue with local churches in order to understand that Christianity can be a positive influence on Chinese society.
- Pray for a renewed value on life to abolish abortion, suicide, abandonment, and human trafficking.
- Pray for a stable and trustworthy government to act in the interest of its entire people.
- Pray for the church to continue to overcome evil with divine forgiveness and love.
- Pray with believers for boldness and passion as they continue to build the church in the face of discrimination, loss, and violence.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. – Hebrews 4:16
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. – Ephesians 2:10
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia