WEEK OF OCTOBER 29 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Generous.”
- Pray for our Kids Ministry leaders and volunteers as they prepare for Harvest Jam this week.
- Pray that the Lord would use this event to show His love in our community.
- Pray for the leaders and volunteers who are sacrificing their talents, time, energy, and giftings to serve at this event.
- Pray that seeds planted at Harvest Jam would take root in the hearts of those in attendance and would bear good fruit.
- Pray that the Lord would continue to move on the hearts of His people to rise up and serve the Kids, Students, and Young Adults Ministries of our church.
- Pray for those in our nation who are experiencing economic hardship.
- Pray that the Lord would use creative ways to provide for those in need.
- Pray that the Lord would speak to our national and global church leaders, giving them vision for ways to help those in need of financial support.
- Pray that the Lord would guide our national leaders in using financial wisdom.
- Pray that the Lord would show His people how to be good stewards of what He has entrusted to them.
- Pray for the leaders in both Israel and Gaza, that they would encounter Jesus and find a way to meet on common ground.
- Pray for the families and innocent people who have been affected by this war in Israel and Gaza. Ask the Lord to encounter them and meet them in ways that protect, heal, and comfort them.
- Of the seven spoken languages in Sri Lanka, four still do not have a Bible translated in their language. Pray for people still waiting to hear about Jesus. Ask God to soften their hearts, preparing them to receive the Good News.
- Pray for the freedom of religious expression without proposed anti-conversion laws.
- Pray for growth and maturity for the indigenous church.
- The Viet-Kinh are the majority people group in Vietnam and the largest unreached people group in Southeast Asia. Ask God to call out national church planters who have a burden for evangelizing, discipling, and planting churches among the peoples of Vietnam.
- Pray that Vietnam’s young people would find true purpose and meaning in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the church to continue to grow in light of its new relative freedoms, and for the state to relax its restrictions on Christian activity.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. – Romans 8:28
My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy. – James 1:2 (NRSV)
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia