WEEK OF NOVEMBER 5 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Generous.”
- Pray for our LoveNOW Global Nights, that the Lord would continue to speak to hearts and raise up people willing to answer the call to go into the nations to spread the Gospel of Jesus.
- Pray for our discipleship ministries as they finish the last two weeks of gathering.
- Pray for the families of our church as we get ready for Thanksgiving.
- Pray for the food-insecure and homeless epidemic in our county. Ask the Lord to send means of provision and raise organizations that will help people in need.
- Pray for our education system, that the Lord would continue to place God-fearing men and women into each school district.
- Pray for students, teachers, and district leaders. Ask that they would boldly model Christlikeness to people who desperately need Him.
- Pray for the president and members of Congress, that they may seek the way of peace, with wisdom and strength.
- Pray for all the children in our nation who are orphaned due to violence and addiction.
- Ask the Lord to continue to use the foster care & adoption systems as a vessel of healing for families and children who have been placed there due to brokenness.
- Ask the Lord to raise up families in our churches to provide loving homes and care for His image-bearers.
- Pray for the leaders in both Israel and Gaza, that they would encounter Jesus and find a way to meet on common ground.
- Pray for the families and innocent people who have been affected by this war in Israel and Gaza. Ask the Lord to encounter them and meet them in ways that protect, heal, and comfort them.
- Pray for God’s love to be proclaimed in the dozens of towns and villages which have never heard about Jesus.
- Pray for enduring solutions to conflicts with Armenia and Russia.
- Pray for mature leaders, deepening unity, and increased discipleship for the growing Church in spite of government surveillance.
- Pray for house church leaders who are singled out as targets of persecution to persevere with grace.
- Pray for religious freedom to increase and that more house churches will have the opportunity to register and operate legally.
- Ask God to continue to draw Laotians to Himself in miraculous ways that lead them to share their testimony and make disciples who make disciples.
- For Bibles and Christian literature in local languages to continue to reach this closed country.
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. ~ James 2:17 (NIV)
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. ~ Colossians 3:15 (NIV)
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia