WEEK OF NOVEMBER 12 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Generous.”
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray for the civil leaders and first responders in our community.
- Ask for God’s providential protection over them and their families.
- Pray that the Lord would use them as beacons of hope, light, and care in our community.
- Pray for all of the Care Ministries of our church: GriefShare, DivorceCare, and Celebrate Recovery. Pray for those in attendance, that they would find accountability, community, and the love of Jesus at each gathering.
- Pray for President Biden, Vice President Harris, our congressmen and congresswomen, the Supreme Court justices, cabinet officials, military leaders, governors, mayors, and local officials.
- Ask the Lord to give them supernatural wisdom, to guide them to do His will, to use them to bring Him glory, and to seek the flourishing of every individual.
- Ask the Lord to give our leaders insight as to how to handle complex situations.
- Pray for those who are incarcerated in our nation. Ask the Lord to redeem their hearts and pave the way for a second chance.
- Continue to pray for peace in Israel, Gaza, Ukraine, and surrounding regions.
- Pray for the families who are grieving because of lives lost or because of being displaced.
- Pray that God would provide a way for the hostages to be released and reunited with loved ones.
- Pray that God would awaken more and more people with the revelation of what a great and loving God He is.
- Pray for the love of Jesus to infiltrate Omani culture, reaching the many who are still unreached.
- Hundreds of Omanis study abroad. Many also go outside the country for medical care. Pray that believers in these countries will reach out to them with hospitality, care, and love.
- Pray for the Sultan, that he would rule with justice, righteousness, and wisdom.
- Pray for current religious freedom to remain, despite increasing pressure to suppress it.
- Pray for King Abdullah and his family, for extreme wisdom and protection during this time of upheaval in the Middle East.
- Pray for the multitude of refugees who have crossed into Jordan to clearly hear the truth about Jesus.
- Pray for Jesus Followers interrogated by police and abused by family members. Pray the Lord would provide protection and healing.
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. ~ Colossians 3:17
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. ~ Romans 12:9
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia