WEEK OF NOVEMBER 19 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Generous.”
- Pray for the families of Crossroads as we go into Thanksgiving, as it can be a hard time for some.
- Pray for unity, love, and gratitude to be in the hearts of local pastors and leaders.
- Pray for strength, renewal, and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit for pastors and leaders within our community.
- Pray for those in our community who have broken family relationships. Ask the Lord to mend, restore, and rebuild those relationships.
- Ask the Lord to cause His peace, love, and joy to reign in our neighborhoods.
- Pray for world peace and that salvation would take place this week in the hearts of those who desperately need Jesus.
- Pray for strength, renewal, and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit for pastors and leaders within our nation.
- Ask the Lord to cause His peace, love, and joy to reign in our nation.
- Pray for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit to reign in America.
- Pray for the Word of God to be taught among Mauritanians in their heart language.
- Pray for God’s mercy in the wake of severe drought and a poor economy that plagues the people. One-third of children face chronic malnourishment, and many families struggle to afford basic necessities.
- Pray that those who follow Jesus might be courageous despite the lack of fellowship and pray for godly indigenous leadership and increasing freedom of religion.
- Pray for many who are still impoverished from civil war.
- Pray for protected growth of the infant indigenous Tajik Church.
- Pray for a full revision of the 2009 Religion Law and for the removal of articles requiring state permission for any exercise of Freedom of Religion or Belief.
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18
But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you. ~ Luke 6:27
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia