WEEK OF DECEMBER 3 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
In alignment with our “Year of Becoming” vision, this month we are continuing to focus on the theme of “Becoming Generous.”
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray for the local mission outreaches of our church and for the upcoming Second Saturday event that takes place this weekend.
- Pray that the Lord would continue to give our LoveNOW pastors and lay leaders wisdom and strategies to reach the 10/40 window with the saving work of Christ.
- Pray that the Lord would place a desire in His people for local and global missions.
- Pray that the Lord would surround local churches with the connections needed to spread the love of Jesus in the Pacific Northwest.
- Pray for LoveNOW and all of our global mission opportunities.
- Pray for our global missionaries and their families as the Lord has sent them to be used in mighty ways for the Gospel.
- Pray that the Lord would raise up evangelists in our nation who are willing to count the cost and fulfill Matthew 28:18-20.
- Pray that the Lord would create strategic ways for the Gospel to be translated into different languages so that every tribe and every tongue would have the opportunity to be presented with the Gospel.
- Pray for encouragement and perseverance for those ministering in extremely difficult conditions.
- Pray that believers will be able to forgive their persecutors when they’re refused jobs and denied community resources, and that they would continue to use every opportunity to share the hope of Jesus with family and friends.
- Pray for the nomadic Afar people, who are essentially unreached with the Good News.
- Pray for new believers, young and old, to stand firm in their faith no matter what may be thrown at them. Ask God to use their faithfulness to open the eyes of those who oppose them and bring them to Jesus.
- Pray for peace and justice to reign in an impoverished land whose ethnically diverse peoples have suffered greatly.
- Please pray for peace and safety for the Rohingya refugees. Pray God will provide for all their needs as they begin new lives.
Learn to do good; seek justice, rebuke the oppressor; defend the fatherless, plead for the widow. ~ Isaiah 1:17
The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. ~ Psalms 34:18
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia