WEEK OF JANUARY 7 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray for Crossroads leaders, staff, pastors, and board members as they get ready to serve in this new year.
- Pray for continued vision from the Lord and strategies as to how to serve His people.
- Pray for those who are looking forward to new beginnings. Pray that the Holy Spirit would strengthen them to let go of the past and press toward Christ.
- Pray for all the ministries and leaders of the church. Ask the Lord to continue to make Crossroads Church a place where the people are Humble, Teachable, Family, Helpful, and Generous.
- Pray for Vision Sunday and the new vision that the Lord has given Pastor Daniel. Ask the Lord to show where each person can take their place in fulfilling God’s mission for our church in this new season.
- Pray for President Biden, Vice President Harris, our congressmen and congresswomen, the Supreme Court justices, cabinet officials, military leaders, governors, mayors, and local officials.
- Ask the Lord to give them supernatural wisdom, to guide them to do His will, to use them to bring Him glory, and seek the flourishing of every individual.
- Ask the Lord to give our leaders insight as to how to handle complex situations.
- Ask the Lord to surround our national leaders with God-fearing men and women who encourage them in the ways of the Lord.
Middle East Field Workers | Klement Family
- Pray for our children. One of them has epileptic seizures. Pray for all of our children to mature in their relationship with God.
- Pray for our minds to continue to absorb and comprehend Arabic. We are in Stage 3 of our studies.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia