WEEK OF JANUARY 14 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray that in our year of “Uniqueness” the people of Crossroads would become even more: Uniquely Simple, Uniquely Gifted, Uniquely Creative, Uniquely Missional.
- Pray for local pastors and leaders in our communities. Ask the Lord to continue to strengthen them for the work of ministry.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to pour out afresh on each leader and that they would intentionally be His hands and feet in our community.
- Pray for unity in the body of Christ locally.
- Pray that our governmental leaders would lead with the wisdom of God.
- Pray for God’s divine protection over our nation.
- Pray that those who don’t know God would come to know Him.
- Pray for unity in the body of Christ nationally.
- Pray for the church to grow spiritually strong despite intense suffering and persecution.
- Pray for an end to the armed conflict between two military factions fighting each other for control of the country.
- Pray that the religious liberty of all people will be respected and safeguarded.
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. ~ Deuteronomy 6:5
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia