WEEK OF JANUARY 21 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray that the peace of God would reign in our community.
- Pray for first responders and their families. Ask the Lord to raise up men and women who would serve in this field in the fear of the Lord.
- Ask the Lord to cover first responders and their families with His love, protection, peace, wisdom, and care.
- Ask the Lord to comfort those who are in need of the Great Comforter this season.
- Pray for local foster families, that they would be led and guided by the Lord.
- Pray that the protection of God would reign over their families and that their hearts and minds would be sensitive to the Spirit of God.
- Pray that God would pour out a spirit of intercession over our nation. Ask the Lord to raise up men and women who love Him and will answer this call to pray.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would be poured out in a supernatural way over our nation.
- Ask the Lord to stir up the gifts of the Holy Spirit in our nation and that they would be used to edify, unite, and empower the global church.
- Pray for a fresh revelation of the love of Jesus and that a rise of salvations would take place in our nation.
- Pray for the Church to multiply in the power of the Spirit as persecution intensifies.
- Pray for the strongholds of Islamist extremism and terrorism to be demolished and rendered powerless.
- Pray that spiritual oppression would be lifted off this region, resulting in hearts softened towards the Gospel.
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time. ~ 1 Peter 5:6
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia