WEEK OF FEBRUARY 4 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray that we continue to be a church that overflows with adoration, worship, and praise to the Lord.
- Pray that the Lord continues to use the people of Crossroads to be His love within our community.
- Pray that we can model the love of Jesus not only in word but also in deed.
- Pray that our church family can model the church of Acts in generosity, humility, prayer, unity, and boldly sharing the Gospel to those around us.
- Pray that God would raise praise and worship from churches in our nation that draw people to the heart of the Father.
- Pray that God would pour out a spirit of intercession over our nation.
- Ask the Lord to raise up men and women who love Him and will answer the call to pray.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would be poured out in a supernatural way over our nation.
- Ask that the gifts of the Spirit would be used to edify, unite, and empower the global church.
- Every local believer is facing persecution from their family and the society around them. Pray that they will find a way to protect themselves and be able to share more about their faith.
- Pray for a unified government that will rebuild the nation with justice and peace, and that God will raise up a movement of reconciliation in this nation instead of lawlessness.
- Pray that work on translating Scripture into Libyan Arabic may continue so Libyans can read or hear the gospel in their heart language.
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. ~ Hebrews 12:1
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia