WEEK OF FEBRUARY 11 PRAYER GUIDE
What a JOY it is to join with our church family to pray around the clock. Thank you for simply responding to Jesus and joining with other members of our church family to pray 24/7! We believe that God will not only hear our prayers but we will see significant shifts in our community and our world because of our intention to set time aside and pray.
PREPARING YOUR HEART (5 MINUTES)
Take some time to be still before the Lord. Quiet your heart before the Lord and get your mind ready to pray. Also use this time to welcome God and His presence. Invite Him into your time of prayer. Some practical ideas are to sit in silence or take deep breaths. You can also say something like:
“Holy Spirit, I invite You to this time of prayer.”
“Lord, I’m here for You. Speak, I am listening.”
WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (5 MINUTES)
Use these five minutes to think of the many things that have been good from the day. Then begin to thank God for those things. You can also use a gratitude journal and write down things you’re grateful for. Begin to worship Jesus for who He is and all that He has done for you.
CONFESSION (5 MINUTES)
Take this time to reflect on the last 24 hours. Did anything happen that directly impacted you? Are there any areas of your life that have been dishonoring to God in thoughts, actions, or words? Bring those to God, confess to Him and ask him to restore the areas that are broken or don’t reflect His character. Receive His vast love, forgiveness, and grace towards you.
ASK (15 MINUTES)
Who or what is on your heart today? Spend a few moments talking to God about anything personal in your heart that you’d like to share with Him before you move on to the next section.
- Go through the Crossroads Prayer Wall Requests and pray for the needs within our family of faith. Be sure to click the “Pray” button letting us know that you prayed for the listed need.
- Pray for the Kids, Students, and Young Adults Ministries of the church.
- Ask the Lord to continue to raise up men and women with hearts set to pour into the next generation.
- Pray for continued protection over the rising generation. Pray that they would love the Lord and put Him first in all that they do.
- Pray for strength, wisdom, guidance, and encouragement for the pastors and leaders of our Kids, Students, and Young Adults Ministries.
- Pray that during this week which commercializes love, the love of Jesus would be revealed to the hearts of many.
- Pray for those who are single or widowed in our nation. Ask the Lord to encounter them with His comfort, peace, and boundless love.
- Pray that the peace of God would reign in our nation during this election year.
- Pray for believers to courageously stand firm in their faith despite persecution and terror, and to find hope and security to remain in their country as salt and light.
- Pray for the message of Jesus to break through hearts hardened by long-standing divisions and intense rivalries.
- Pray for life-sustaining food for displaced and conflict-affected families, and for children’s protection and well-being.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. ~ Psalm 23:1
FINISH BY THANKING THE LORD FOR MEETING YOUR REQUESTS. MEDITATE ON WHAT HE MAY WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY FROM YOUR TIME OF PRAYER.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by rockmedia